RSS Feeds

Advanced search

You are in:


Camerons receives £24.7m funding package

Camerons Brewery is targeting further growth following a £24.7m funding package from the Newcastle team at Royal Bank of Scotland Corporate & Institutional Banking (RBS CIB).

Founded in 1865, Camerons, the largest independent regional brewery in the UK, has been under its current ownership since 2002 and produced around one million hectolitres in the last financial year. The company, which manufactures a range of beers and ales including the well-known Strongarm Ruby Red Ale and Trophy Special, also owns an estate of 69 pubs across the North of England.

The Hartlepool-based business is 76% owned by chairman David Soley and his family, with the remaining 24% being owned by Heineken UK, with which Camerons also maintains a significant contract brewing agreement.


13 March 2013 - Felicity Murray